Monday, October 7, 2013

Repurposed happiness

Today's happiness is this Drive-Thru Records Starting Line t-shirt from 2002.

 My friend found in an old box last week and, knowing my sentimental attachment to the band, decided I should have it. It's a men's large so I could never wear it as anything but a night shirt unless I repurposed it so today I turned it into a gym shirt.
 I've been wanting to make a workout shirt like this for a while and I'm so excited I did it with this ole thing.

It got me thinking about repurposing old things and giving yourself new happiness from them. How in life, something may have reached it's capacity for being useful- like a friend or a job or a place you frequent that you've grown out of or too old for- but that doesn't always mean you should toss it aside.

Repurpose it.

Friends come into our lives for a reason, when they've served their purpose, sometimes it is best to let them ago, I'm just saying don't be so hastey about it. It's possible they have more to offer- even if it's just a life lesson. It's how I feel about this old shirt; my friend didn't want it, I couldn't wear it as it was, but I found a way to make it useful again.

Maybe I'm reaching, here. Maybe I just turned an old ratty tee into a razorback gym shirt and I'm grasping for some greater meaning. But I know it got my mind working and my body-- I worked out twice today (once in the shirt and once in something else). I dunno...  Here's hoping the new old shirt brings out the best of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment