Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Motivational Monday (I know it's Tuesday): Do Good

This week, I spent Monday focusing on preparing my fundraiser for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer cause. I made arrangements with my boss to give rewards for donations at our weekly poker tournament. Any $5 or more donated to the cause would recieve a chip bonus.

While I know that our poker players enjoy a good chip bonus to give them an advantage over the rest and this was solid motivation for them to give money, the majority went above and beyond the $5 minimum.



I was so moved and proud of the response during week one of this charity chip bonus. I raised $230 from players and co-workers putting in $5, $20, $35, $50 and $75! I'm grateful to work in a place that would offer up this reward program to help me raise funds for a cause that affects one in eight women (from a diagnostic standpoint, nevermind the varying degrees of association that women and men have to cancer through loved ones being diagnosed). 

I'm even more blessed to work in a place that would not only offer this reward program, but throw a couple bucks at it themselves. Whether it was my boss, managers or collaborative effort amongst the staff, I was given an envelope with $100 at the start of poker last night. That means that through this place, alone, I have raised $330. In one week of promoting this charity chip bonus system.

We still have two weeks left!

So this Monday's motivation was doing good. One of the greatest things you can do in life is to give and do for others who may never know you've done so.

If you shoulf feel the urge to make a donation to the American Cancer Society's fight to "Make More Birthdays" visit the donation site: www.makingstridesknoxville.org 
TEAM NAME: Raiders of the Lost Racks
PARTICIPANT: Jaclyn Cancro

Thank you in advance... SAVE THE TATAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment