Monday, October 14, 2013

Motivational Monday: Day one of five

This week instead of simply one day of motivation, I'd like to try to post inspiration each day. So Motivational Monday will be just one of five days of motivations that I'll be posting. 

I find I am more motivated to act and perform when my posts hold me accountable. My Monday trail runs are the highlight of my week and, generally, the motivational post of the week is inspired by my experience prepping for or during that run.

I'm planning to find drive and inspiration from each workout or run and post them here for friends to - hopefully - find inspiration. 

So, here goes....







Today's motivation is my weekly trail run. As the days get shorter and the trail gets darker, we're running out of weeks to jump on our trail and challenge ourselves to be greater than the week before. Last week we set a PR, running the trail nearly 12 minutes faster than the first time we ran it three months ago. We'd love to shave two more minutes off our time, but felt like last week was the fastest we'd ever be able to go. 

I rolled my ankle. My back ached for days after. My breathing was surprisingly relaxed, but still we were booking it. I don't know if I'd be able to match last week's run, let alone beat it! I'm not even sure I want to - that's how taxing these runs can be.

However, winter is coming to steal our fitness fun away from us and I'd love to see us reach our goal before it does. So, today my motivation is the weather. To embrace the fall and enjoy it before it's gone away.

This is the best part of my week and I'll be so sad when the cruel winter takes it away from me, but in the mean time I'm going to push myself and love every branch that trips me up along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment