Monday, October 21, 2013

Motivational Monday: The Rally Cry

In light of last week's failed experiment to post an inspirational meme Monday through Friday, I felt this was an appropriate kick start for a new week. A rally cry, if you will. A determination not to stop even though I seem to have failed last week.


This proved to be a necessary proverb today when I took on my weekly trail run. I've done it a dozen times by now, but for whatever reason today was difficult. I don't know if my lead man was moving too fast or if maybe I was moving too slow, but I struggled to make it through. Every uphill was steeper than last week. The branches were more mischievous in the way they grabbed at my ankles. And the downhills twisted and wound more than I remembered. The path seemed more treacherous this week.

I found this meme before the run today and as I slowed climbing each root to the top of a hill and I felt I might never make it out of the trail, I remembered that no matter how slow or how weak I believed the run to measure up against last week or the week before, as long as I finished I will have succeeded. So, with heavy legs and belabored breathing I came out of the woods... only a minute slower than last week!

As long as you keep moving, you haven't failed. So keep moving... what's moving you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment