
At times the list can be grandiose and burdensome. To do something great and magnificent everyday is asking too much of even the saintliest, most organized, most perfect beings of the world. When I made the list I built in easy days for work or travel, but when it comes right down to it, doing one thing from a list I made 200 days ago is a little nutty. How could I have known if I would have the finances or time to do the things I put on this list.
The thing is, even though I'm not likely to go to Canada or Las Vegas in the next few months, the List is serving it's purpose; I'm doing. I'm not always doing great things. Hell, I'm not always doing good things. But, by God if I'm up and I'm living and I'm doing something... I'm doing things. I'm getting my bills in order. Cleaning the kitchen. Writing on the blog. I'm doing. You can laugh and say, "that's life." You're living. You silly girl. That's life. And it's true.
I'm coming from a place where the everyday was difficult. I went through a period of depression and it was the beginning of this blog. So, when I get up and I go and I pay a bill and brew some coffee and go to work and do my job the best I know how and then have drinks and conversation with amazing people, who I treat with respect and kindness, then it was a good day. And sometimes that has to be enough. And Tuesday, it was.

No comments:
Post a Comment