I've spent the whole day trying to come up with the most eloquent way to properly express the thoughts I have for my weekly kick-off this week and what follows still might not do it justice, but it's the best I could come up with.
It was a long weekend. Highly anticipated. With promises of great times with amazing people, friends and strangers alike. There would be laughter, football and all things great that a gathering of motley friends could promise.
As it approached, I had considered different opportunities and scenarios that the weekend might offer.
I thought about what I might wear each day. I considered how I might do my nails. Would I be able to fit everyone into my schedule? Where would I leave my car Friday night? Did I have enough money to accomplish all we had intended? I had no questions about my hair, though. My hair I had all figured out.
I thought about what I might wear each day. I considered how I might do my nails. Would I be able to fit everyone into my schedule? Where would I leave my car Friday night? Did I have enough money to accomplish all we had intended? I had no questions about my hair, though. My hair I had all figured out.
Now that it's Monday and the days came and went, as easily as friend's in their caravans in and out of town, I feel strangely vacant. I don't have anything immediate to ponder- I mean, except, of course the meaning of life but that's an everyday thing. I don't have anything pressing to plan. It's an odd feeling. I have nothing moving me.
Like how the gym fills up mere weeks before Memorial Day, with everyone pushing for bikini bods. Or watching all seven seasons of a television series because you want to know how it all ends and then when it all ends you feel a little sad inside. There was so much excitement and even anxiety leading up to this giant weekend and now that it's over and very little went the way I had imagined it, including my hair- even my hair fell a little flat, I'm left with no check lists or wants or needs. Just this question: "what's next"?
Well, reflecting on this weekend of the universe doing what it wanted with my plans, I had this strange, scary but calming thought. The answer: Tomorrow.
How freakin' Rhett Butler of me, right?! But for real, it's not always about the next thing or the next challenge. Yes, everyday I want to challenge myself to be better than I was yesterday. So, that's it, then. Tomorrow is next. And I get to do with it whatever I please. I am next.

It'sa little scary how this relates to me at the moment. I mean i planned a wedding and now the weddings over. Now what? Well thanks to you Miss Jackie, i realize there's tomorrow. I have tomorrow and many more days to come to celebrate my marriage and life and love all of those in it. So thanks :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, Schramke, your WHOLE life is next! (ps - how did both you and your sister end up with such silly sounding new last names. "Schraaaamke" tee-hee!)
ReplyDelete