Monday, December 2, 2013

December: the final 31 days!


I grabbed the list the other day. I looked over the things I’ve checked off. I looked at what’s left. Boy, was I ambitious! The expression “delusions of grandeur” comes to mind. In fact, it seems like a bit of an understatement. Even with 1,000 cans of giant energy drinks and a million dollars, I would NOT have been able to accomplish everything I put on the list, which was actually just short of 365 items.

In the final month of the year, there are few days left to check items off. And there are a lot of items left. I’m going to pick a few items – just a couple per week – to check off before the year is over.

I’m excited for the winter themed items, like buy someone “Christmas Shoes” – remember that song about the little kid who couldn’t afford to buy shoes for his dying mother and the man behind him in line bought them for him? Something like that! Also, “buy an Angel Tree gift,” which I think is a more realistic item than the Christmas Shoes idea. I’ve got “go ice skating” and “send Christmas cards” on there as well.

Even though it was about 65 degrees today and I was wearing shorts whilst running errands today, I’m feeling the Christmas spirit in a big way this year. Maybe it’s because my nephew is old enough to be excited about the festivities. 

He’s only one, but he’s already having so much fun hunting down the Elf on the Shelf. I’m excited to get our apartment covered in pine needles and smelling of snowberries (whatever those are). I can’t wait to do all sorts of shopping for my nephew and check all my winter items off the list!

Today, I bought my very own Elf on the Shelf so that when my Nugget and I Skype, it will look like his Elf is at Aunt Jax’s for the day. I can’t wait to see his wide blue eyes light up when he sees him. Later this week: ice skating!
 

It’s going to be a winter wonderful December!

No comments:

Post a Comment