
I know that I continually post fitness inspiration for my Monday motivations so this week I wanted to put something NOT workout related. But I couldn't think of anything. I've found that so much of what I learn through training translates to life.
Pushing yourself when things get tough. Getting up to go when you don't feel like it. Nursing your wounds, rehabing, then getting back out there. Challenging yourself with new goals. Reaching those, then setting new ones.
Even though winter is coming and the weather will make it difficult, I've decided to challenge and therefore empower myself with a new goal. I'm going to run the Oak Barrel Half Marathon in Lynchburg in April 2014. Granted, I've run a half before but this time I plan to run it in under two hours, beating my first half marathon time by 12 minutes. I already found a 24 week training program to help me accomplish the task.
What's empowering you this week? What will you do to accomplish your newest goal? Do you have one? Use mine... we can train together!
No comments:
Post a Comment