Monday, January 11, 2016

Mighty Musical Monday: Panic!

I have this friend who has this theory that you should start every day with a song. Kind of like the opening credits to a movie. Generally, upbeat and having some relevance to the plot, the opening song sets the tone for the whole thing. As grown humans, I promise you will hate nearly every song I select for my opening credits each week. My musical taste ranges from 12 year old girl circa 1998 to 12 year old girl circa 2016. Throw in some college dorm room indie rock here and there and you basically have every half marathon playlist I've ever made (excluding that year I listened to Hunger Games on audio). Regardless, I will share because this blog is about me not you, ya see. Just kidding! In fact, please share your pump up songs and playlists. Tell me what I should be listening to and maybe your song will be featured as the following week's "POWER SONG!"


This week's song, I just can't get out of my head. Firstly, I'm not always totally sure what he's saying, so there's a little mystery there and I get to try to solve it each time Shuffle blares it in my ears. Also, the lyrics I can understand are pretty poignant. Sometimes, I'm motivated by haters (don't roll your eyes, you are too!): the people that didn't believe in me, the people that rejected me, the people that
have abused me. There's one in particular that this song makes me think of and as it crescendos, I get this feeling of righteous empowerment. That giant middle finger lights a little fire under my feet and I can pretty much conquer anything (think football fields worth of hills in the blistering cold).

Without further adieu, the first installment of MIGHTY MUSICAL MONDAY (MONDAY.... MONDAY...)

1 comment: