Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 87: buy lottery tickets

I was scheduled for a double today, which meant I'd be working all day with a break that would last a good amount of time, but not long enough to get anything done. I'd spend my entire break in the car and rushing around if I chose to go home and I didn't have any errands to run, so my break was spent relaxing at work.

I opened my 365 challenge notebook to catch up on checking items off the list. I'd decided that today was going to be a "missed" day; my break wasn't reasonably long enough to accomplish anything.

However, as I started skimming through the list, I realized that I'd already done one item on my list - that was to tell the people I love that I love them. On my way to work today, I thought about a friend who lives in Texas and I decided to text her just to let her know I miss her and I love her. It was simple, took no time and, hopefully, made her feel good.

I also realized that I had time to check off a fun item on my list: buy lottery tickets for my friends! I ran over to the market near my work and bought as many scratch offs as all the money in my wallet could buy.

Ok, this sounds more generous than it is, as I only had $11 at that point in time, but still. I went back to work and stuck post-it notes with little lottery fortunes on each ticket. I handed them out at random at the beginning of my shift.

Selfless and fun as it was, I still required a 25% return on investment should anyone win!

No comments:

Post a Comment